Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Faces

I've been adding more to my circles lately. They're either morphing in to roses, or becoming abstract and crazy, or being distorted and blended away. The idea of faces has been brewing a little bit over the past few months, because faces used to be my passion. In early college, I considered myself a portrait artist. The image below is the image that has been floating around, and I finally took the time to draw it yesterday.
Sitting here looking at it, I find myself wanting to add more. I want more realism and detail in the faces. I want to know these people, and not have them be so random. I want to loose them more, maybe placing them in to the middle of my more flowing and crazy shapes, so that it's not such a stark contrast.
I just know that I always wanted faces with my swirls, and I've never done it. So... more to come.
(Ink on Paper, Fall 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment