Thursday, March 25, 2010

Going all out.

So, I've been laid off. Should have been expecting it more than I was, but I did know it was coming in the back of my head. I was the bottom rung of seniority. Teaching is an insecure profession at the moment.
Solution? What else? ART! I'm gonna do it. As soon as school is out, balls to the wall, I'm a professional artist. I'm going to see if I have the discipline to make it work 40 hours a week. I'll have unemployment to hold us through the first few months of building up my portfolio, and try and supplement with shows that don't require me to have a business license. If things are going well, I'll go for it. 
I'm kind of excited. I don't know if I can do it, I'm worried that I'll get distracted by all the things that need to happen around the house. Maybe if I give myself an hour of housework in the morning, and then completely devote myself to it the rest of the day. I'm nervous but stoked.
Still, variety is the spice of life, so they say. So I plan to also promote myself as a private teacher, muralist, and handmade graphic designer. Speaking of which, here are my invitations....
Here's to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment