Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The last "Painting a day" #3...

("Topography" Oil on canvas. August 2010.)

This last weekend was my birthday, and I turned 26. I am now entering my late 20's, and I do feel older. 30 is just 'round the bend. Crazy thoughts. So, in regard to my artwork, I took a few days off to scrapbook my wedding photography, but it's time to get back to work. My husband and I saw "Wicked" on friday, and I highly recommend. It knocked my socks off...
As for my decision to do a "Painting a day," I need to let that go. I'm going to shoot for a painting every other day or so. The fact of the matter is that my painting quality is suffering a little. It's really evident in the painting I did today. I also need to switch from synthetic brushes to bristle. I still want to produce quickly, and 2 or 3 paintings a week is a good goal, on top of the really big pieces I'm doing on the side. Just not 5 paintings a week.
"Topography," the painting I did today, may end up with a road painted through it, through the lowest point. It has to dry first. I need to think about it. But despite the painting flaws I
 see, I am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment